Digestive problems are increasing by the day, it’s no wonder that people are desperately looking for remedies that will help fix their digestion issues. Although it is not simple, these 3 superfoods can help optimize digestive health, balance your bacteria, and heal any damage that has been done, so you can heal your gut and get back to normal.
The Power of Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a highly medicinal plant, and most of the benefits come from the inner gel.
Aloe gel contains active compounds that help temper inflammation, optimize digestive health and block bacteria from infecting various areas of our body, including our digestive tract. They also help regenerate cells for faster healing times, which is vitally important in healing your digestive tract after significant damage has occurred.
Aloe gel has also shown promise in healing gastric ulcers. According to a study in the World Journal of Gastroenterology in April 2006, when given internally, aloe gel reduced gastric inflammation and generated ulcer healing in mice.
The list is large for Aloe Vera, here are just a few:
- Improves physical performance and recovery
- Improves skin health
- Helps reduce and reverse acid reflux
- Helps heal gum disease
- Easing inflammation and soothing arthritic pain
- Helps heal ulcers, IBS, Crohn’s Disease, colitis, and other digestive disorders
- Protects kidneys
- Oxygenates blood and protects body from oxidative stress
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Provides electrolytes
- Helps treat and prevent candida and parasite infections
- Accelerates healing from wounds, burns, and ulcers (externally and internally)
- Relieves constipation
- Stabilizes blood sugar
Garlic is no doubt a superfood that can dramatically alter your inner digestive health with its antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties. Simply put, it helps safely remove all those little issues that are throwing off your digestive system.
In fact, Washington State University has confirmed that garlic is effective in fighting a common bacteria known as campylobacter bacterium, which currently infects 2.4 million Americans per year.
Some other healing benefits to garlic include:
- Treatment of yeast overgrowth (Candidiasis)
- Optimize digestive health
- Lowering blood pressure and cholesterol
- Destroying pathogenic bacteria
- Repelling mosquitos, ticks, and parasites (as well as removing internal parasites such as tapeworm)
- Increasing the powers of the immune systems
- Detoxifying lead, mercury, and aluminum from your body
- Promoting cardiovascular health
Sauerkraut is basically fermented cabbage, which contains a variety of nutrients and a heaping strain of probiotics, and does an exceptional job of cleaning and ‘furnishing’ your gut with beneficial bacteria so that it can heal and work efficiently again.
The power of sauerkraut includes:
- Naturally relieves constipation
- Helps remove problematic bacteria and parasites
- Improves skin conditions
- Improves liver function
- Optimize digestive health
- Treating all kinds of gastrointestinal orders, including Candidiasis and IBS
- Helps relieve chronic fatigue
- Helps alleviate allergies
Healing your digestive system does take dedication, patience and knowledge, but the payoff can be huge. The best solution is to try different products and see what works best with your body.